To begin, I want to wish you all a HAPPY THANKSGIVING.
Although we are not where we want to be (or maybe we are), we should give thanks for EVERYTHING we have in our lives at this moment. It is so easy to get wrapped up in what we don’t have, what we used to have, & how far we are from being where we want to be— but we must learn to MAGNIFY the blessings God has given us and focus on those things.
Remain positive in all things…
Be mindful of the people in your life who ARE there to encourage, uplift, and motivate you.
Be conscious of those who truly LOVE you.
Be respectful of the lessons God teaches through your experiences- positive and negative.
On this beautiful day, I will most likely be in the kitchen for the majority of the day. On the menu: Baked turkey and dressing, candied yams, mac & cheese, string beans, yellow rice, & cornbread. I maaaaay throw in a pie. Let’s not forget the FRIED CHICKEN – especially requested by my husband because his Nanny used to make it. RIP Nanny 🙂
I am blessed to be spending this special day with the family I created; my darling husband, Hansel, & Gretel.
I am thankful for so much right now— but just so I have this post to look back on (when I’m discouraged) here are a FEW:
1) Life, health, & strength ~ God is AWESOME.
2) My husband ~ My love, my sweetheart ♥
3) My daughter ~ A handful 🙂
4) My son ~ A ball of energy!
5) My grandmother ~ An answered prayer 🙂
6) My family ~ Definitely CANT live with em’ but cant live without ‘em.
7) My REAL friends ~ Few and far between but VALUABLE beyond measure.
8) The wives of MYWC~ Even though they fit under #7— they deserve their own numbe!!
9) My job ~ Thankful for this day off.
10) My apartment ~ No place like YOUR OWN 🙂
11) My dining room table ~ Gifted by an old co-worker. Love u Melisa!
12) The GoFundMe website inventors ~ Allowing me the opportunity to chase a dream! www.gofundme.com/ArnettaGordon
What are you thankful for this beautiful Thanksgiving Day!?