October is Breast Cancer Awareness month.
In honor of this IMPORTANT cause, I will be participating in the American Cancer Society’s “Pink Bra” Walk on Saturday, October 13th. As so many can attest, breast cancer has personally affected my life and my family. My maternal grandmother AND great-grandmother are both SURVIVORS of this disease. As a result, my siblings and I are at a higher risk. I am certain, with the effort and funds collected by the American Cancer Society and other organizations, we will be able to SURVIVE if ever faced with this disease.
This past year, I have had a frightening experience. My boobs had a bad day— that lasted a loooooong time. I had to take several tests and breast ultrasounds, wait on test results, and stress over the infiinite and devastating possibility of having breast cancer as my doctor suspected. It was not an easy time for me— but thankfully, I was in the clear! I recieved a clean bill of health.
Supporting organizations that support the fight against this disease is very important for me.
I am asking ALL who read this to support me by making a donation by following this link:
A donation to the American Cancer Society helps:
- Transportation assistance to and from treatment.
- Free lodging for those having to travel far for treatment.
- Workshops that teach beauty techniques to female cancer patients to help deal with appearance-related side effects of cancer treatment.
- Emotional support programs that connect newly diagnosed breast cancer patients with survivors.
- Cancer education classes.
- An online cancer survivors support network.
- Plus, information from a trained Cancer Information Specialist is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by calling 1-800-227-2345.
Please stand with me as I walk for the cure!
Thank you in advance ♥♥♥